Initial Application

Reading takes less then a minute

With first-time applying of an identity card one needs the old child identity card, the old child passport or similar identity proofs. Furthermore persons under age and patronised must appear for the application of an identity card in company of her legal representation.

If both parents are owners of the parental worry, the signature of a worry-entitled parent is generally sufficient for the application of an identity card. If the approval of the other parent cannot be supposed, the exhibiting authority must obtain the signature of both parents.

You find further information under

Source: Identity card law (Ausweisgesetz; AwG)