Print your Passport Photo yourself
You can also print your passport photos at home, as long as you make sure you can meet the following requirements:
- You need a good photo printer, with a high resolution and realistic colour reproduction.
- The paper used for identity cards, passports and driving licences must have the same properties as conventional photo paper. For instance, it should be insensitive to hand perspiration. That is why you should use branded matt or low gloss paper.
- The mechanical stability of the surface must also be ensured (e.g. no remnants of adhesive tape glued-on).
- The picture should not be printed on too thin paper.
- The size of the printed passport photograph must be exactly 35 mm × 45 mm. In some image editing programs, you can adjust the print size in inches or cm. If not, you can find an example calculation in our guide under “Passport photo > Size & format”,which shows you how to calculate the correct size in pixels. Please be sure whether the actual size of the printed image comply with the prescribed format.
The assessment of ID or passport photos in terms of workability lies exclusively to the competent authority according to the Identification Requirement Act (AwG).